Why am I still getting emails after updating my email settings?

Lee Howard June 2, 2017

I recently unchecked all my email settings options, except for the setting "Subscribe to daily updates".

Yet I am still getting emails every time someone edits any page in any Confluence space I am a member of.

Any advice?

2 answers

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

It sounds like you are watching the spaces/pages. 

The 'Watches' page in your user profile displays a list of all pages and spaces you are currently watching.

To manage your watches:

1. Choose your profile picture at top right of the screen, then choose Watches.
  2. Choose Stop Watching for any unwanted spaces or pages.
Lee Howard June 2, 2017

OMG, yes. I think I am watching every page I've ever visited!

Any advice how to stop watching pages by default?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

When you unchecked Autowatch in your email settings that should have done it:

Autowatch
Pages and blog posts that you create, edit or comment on will automatically be watched for future changes.
Patrick O_Connell August 20, 2019

Hello,

On 6.9.0 server, here. We've staged 6.15.4, I gave feedback, and hopefully that's coming soon.

The problem I have with the way Autowatch behaves is that this is the text: "Pages and blog posts that you create, edit or comment on will automatically be watched for future changes."

This does not say anything about pages visited. And I'm seeing the same thing as @Lee Howard A torrent of emails about pages I know I had only visited, not ever edited, created, or commented on.

I had just written down a note-to-self to do a helpdesk ticket about this. Nope. There'd be nothing they could do.

When we upgrade, will this behavior be changed? I'd rather the behavior was changed, than the text corrected to indicate what actually happens.

Best,
Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek

0 votes
Anton Kulikov April 15, 2021

i have same problem, i don't have any wathched page or spaces and in email settings have no any option, and i'm still getting an email strom, this is a major problem for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events