Why a sidebar is not hiding in global theme (Confluence 5.1.5)?

After installation Confluence 5.1.5 I faced with such problem: the sidebar is showing even in the spaces with global theme. May be somebody knows any other way to hide the sidebar just from one space?

4 answers

What do you mean with "global theme" ? There is a Default Theme and a Documentation Theme. You can choose one of them for global use. If you choose Default Theme as global all spaces will have the sidebar. If you don't want a space to have a sidebar change the theme for this space to "Documentation Theme".

PS: Is this the sidebar you mean?: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

I meant with "global theme" a "default theme". The matter is "Default theme" in Confluence 4.2.2 did not have a sidebar and it was great for us, but default theme in Confluence 5.1.5 has a sidebar. And what about "Documentation theme", I tried to apply it and the sidebar was still there.

Thank you for your help! But unfortunately I can't remove the sidebar at all, I have to hide it just from certain spaces.

Thank you for your help! But unfortunately I can't remove the sidebar at all, I have to hide it just from certain spaces.

The new default theme, introduced with Confluence 5.0, includes a sidebar with contextual navigation. It is by design and it's best to hide it instead of completely disable it to avoid missing some important links for navigation.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

389 views 17 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you