Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a sidebar is not hiding in global theme (Confluence 5.1.5)?

Vladlena September 8, 2013

After installation Confluence 5.1.5 I faced with such problem: the sidebar is showing even in the spaces with global theme. May be somebody knows any other way to hide the sidebar just from one space?

4 answers

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

The new default theme, introduced with Confluence 5.0, includes a sidebar with contextual navigation. It is by design and it's best to hide it instead of completely disable it to avoid missing some important links for navigation.

0 votes

Thank you for your help! But unfortunately I can't remove the sidebar at all, I have to hide it just from certain spaces.

0 votes

Thank you for your help! But unfortunately I can't remove the sidebar at all, I have to hide it just from certain spaces.

0 votes
T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

What do you mean with "global theme" ? There is a Default Theme and a Documentation Theme. You can choose one of them for global use. If you choose Default Theme as global all spaces will have the sidebar. If you don't want a space to have a sidebar change the theme for this space to "Documentation Theme".

PS: Is this the sidebar you mean?: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

I meant with "global theme" a "default theme". The matter is "Default theme" in Confluence 4.2.2 did not have a sidebar and it was great for us, but default theme in Confluence 5.1.5 has a sidebar. And what about "Documentation theme", I tried to apply it and the sidebar was still there.

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events