Who is the author when you copy the contents of an entire space?

Vicki Lynn June 20, 2017

Hello there,

I've been tasked to revamp my team's confluence page (space) and I'd like to do it as a draft version before I post the final version.  

From my research, it looks like there is no easy way to change the current author of the space so if I copy the contents of an entire space, do I become the author then?  I need to be the author so that any draft copy I start shows up under my name and not the original author of our current page (space).

Thanks much!

Regards,

Vicki

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

There isn't an option out of the box to copy an entire space. If you copy the pages to your draft space, you will be the author of the copies. You may want to add Page restrictions to the copies while you are still drafting them, then remove the restrictions when you go "live".

Vicki Lynn June 21, 2017

Thanks Ann..

I'm new to Confluence so how would you create a "draft" space and then make sure that the copies (that you are the author of) get included there?

Laszlo Cseko July 14, 2017

Hi Vicki,

You can find some info here about copying a space: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-copy-or-rename-a-space-in-confluence-169578.html

Please not that these are not supported.

I suggest you to do this on a staging environment if possible, then when the draft is finished, just export the space on the staging and import on the production. 

Cheers,

László

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events