While attempting to install the Team calendar plugin into Jira, the confluence Team Calendar stopped working

Stephen Owens February 25, 2013

I had a fully functional confluence instance set up with a fully functional team calendar. But when I went to install the team calendar plugin into Jira, somehow the confluence plugin stopped working and I was unable to disable it or re-install it via the web based management utility. Now I am unable to neither remove nor re-install the team calendar plugin. AND I have important events on several calendars set up which I don't want to loose.

The team calendar is the focus of my use of confluence so it is pretty critical.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Owens March 13, 2013

Somehow it turns out that the team-calendar plugin .jar file was in the tomcat/lib directory. This was preventing the plugin from being properly removed. Once it was deleted from this directory normal cleanup procedures worked and I was able to re-install the plugin.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing such issue on your instance. Judging from your issue, you might want to try clearing plugin cache. If the issue persist, could you please let us know if you have configured trusted application between Confluence and JIRA.

Please note that this is a public forum, if you want atimely respond regarding your issue due to the severity of it, you might want to create a support ticket here.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Stephen Owens February 25, 2013

Thanks I followed the clearing the cache steps, but on restarting tomcat and logging back in to the admin interface I can still see Team Calendars displayed in the list in an un-fixable un-useable state.

BTW, I already have an open support ticket on this issue: CSP-96838

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events