Where is the start button for Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence?

Karl M Kovaciny August 21, 2019

The directions for using the migration assistant say,

1. Install the Cloud Migration Assistant on your Confluence Server instance (admins only). If you are using Confluence Server 6.13 or higher, this app is already installed.
  2. Using the Cloud Migration Assistant, run an analysis of your Confluence Server instance to see how many users, groups, spaces, pages, and attachments you have. You will also get an estimate of how long it will take to migrate all your data

(https://www.atlassian.com/blog/it-teams/confluence-cloud-migration-assistant)

Once you have the app installed, there are five key steps to set up and run your migration from server or Data Centre to cloud:

1. Connect to cloud

2. Choose what to migrate

3. Check for errors

4. Review your migration

5. Migrate

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/cloud-migration-assistant-for-confluence-973486571.html)

Neither of these pages tells me: What page do I go to to initiate this process? How do I run an app I installed on Confluence? I'm surprised that installing the app doesn't finish by offering you a big green button that says "Start Migration".

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

Hello @Karl M Kovaciny App is new name for Addon.

You need to visit UPM section of your confluence to install it.

• Login to conflunce as Admin
  • Find gear icon on top right-hand corner (near search box),
  • Click on gear and select 'Manage Apps' option
  • This will take you to the list of Apps you have, check if you have up to date version of 'Cloud Migration Assistance for Confluence" listed there
  • If it is not updated please update it before starting migration.

To start migration,

• Login as Admin and click gear icon and select 'General Configuration'
  • Now on this page, on Left Bar find 'Atlassian Cloud' below which 'Migration Assistant' (at bottom of page on left bar)
  • Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 8.38.49 AM.png
  •  Click on 'Migration Assistant and it will guide you to rest of process.
Karl M Kovaciny August 22, 2019

Thank you very much for the fast reply! I don't feel dumb at all for not thinking to check there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events