Where is the "import spaces" link in my cloud instance?

Skip Sailors November 7, 2017

I have a new Confluence Cloud, and an old Confluence server.  I want to import spaces from the server to the cloud.  (I managed to get my JIRA moved, now it's time for wikis.)  I follow the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/import-a-confluence-space-724765531.html.  Steps 1 and 2 seem to work fine.  I have a file ready to import.

Step 3 is troublesome.  I click Settings.  I am instructed to pick 'Import Spaces' from under 'Administration' but I see no 'Administration' and no 'Import Spaces'.  What am I missing?

TIA

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

The issue turned out to be the way Skip's browser was displaying the menus.

He was able to go directly to the space import URL:<base_URL>wiki/admin/importspace/importconfluencespace.action

Skip Sailors November 8, 2017

Specifically, there is a blue scroll on a blue panel.  I couldn't see the difference between scroll and panel, sine they are the same color.  So, it's not exactly a JIRA issue, but any advice on making my browser use different colors?

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Hey Skip, 

If you can see settings, the "import spaces" is on the lower right hand side of the left hand toolbar. Just scroll all the way down!

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 10.20.52 PM.png

Skip Sailors November 7, 2017

No, it is not, on my instance.

image.pngNot on my instance

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Can you see Macro Usage or Global permissions at all?

Skip Sailors November 8, 2017

No

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

@Skip Sailors, I checked your Cloud account and you seem to have the necessary permissions so I created a support ticket. You should receive an email from the support portal soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events