Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my created page, and why doesn't it show up anywhere?

Damon O'Hanlon March 8, 2021

Hi all! I created a page, pretty sure I did it by using Create > Blank page.

I can get to the page by going directly to the URL. However, I can't seem to locate it in any other way — it is only accessible by copying and pasting the URL.

The path at the top of the page I created say: People / (my name) / Pages / Overview / (document name)

However, it doesn't appear when I navigate to my Pages (that page only lists Sample Pages, Overview, Product requirements, Meeting notes, and Decisions).

It also doesn't appear on my Overview page.

It does not appear in my recently updated (even though I've updated it many times).

It does not appear when I use the search bar.

Thoughts? Any help much appreciated. 🙏🏼

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Damon O'Hanlon 

The direct link you mentioned, is this the link to the edit mode of the page or the link to the view mode? 

Do you find your page in the drafts? 

--> Go to the homepage of confluence and there you will find the Drafts section.

image.png

Can you save the page with the shortcut "CTRL-Enter"?

Regards, Dominic

Damon O'Hanlon March 9, 2021

Thanks, @Dominic Lagger! When I went to Home, and then clicked Drafts, I do see my page there.

I guess it is not appearing anywhere for me (such as my profile or recent activity) because it is 'unpublished', is that correct?

It sounds silly now, but I didn't realize a document could be unpublished!

I think I'm getting mixed up in my brain with Dropbox Paper — where there's no published/unpublished paradigm. (As soon as you create a document and start typing in it, it just is.)

Thanks again for your help @Dominic Lagger! You rock.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

I'm glad I could help.

For more informations, see "Drafts" in this page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events