Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is HTML file on server for PDF export?

DavidH March 6, 2012

I read in Confluence docs that an HTML file is created before conversion to PDF (when exporting a site to PDF).

The location given in that thread was "the TEMP directory" in Confluence. I couldn't find any HTML or HTM files in any TEMP directories.

We are running Confluence 4.1 (500-seat license) on Windows 2000 Server.

If it matters, the reason I need the HTML file is to troubleshoot CSS/formatting issues in our PDF output.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2012

The HTML files probably get deleted after the export is completed, since they're just intended as temporary files.

I'm pretty sure that the HTML Export in Confluence is very similar to the PDF Export - can you try exporting to HTML instead of PDF to see if you can use those files to troubleshoot your problem?

DavidH March 21, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try that HTML export, because there are still some very difficult to troubleshoot issues with formatting in the PDF. Now I am aware more of the "heading demotion" issue.

I still have some strange formatting that I want to track down the cause of. Some body paragraphs and some table paragraphs that appear different point size, for no reason that I can see. In the Confluence editor, the paragraphs all seem to be formatted the same, but in the PDF their point (font) size changes. I've tried "clear formatting" and re-applying the "Paragraph" style. I guess this goes back to the need for access to the actual XML/XHTML or whatever it is code.

Does anybody use the developer tools built into Chrome or the plugins for Firefox to directly manipulate the wiki storage formatting?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2012

We're working on a source editing mode for Confluence, but it's not available yet. Unfortunately, you can't use the browser's developer tools to edit the source because the HTML that is rendered in the editor is different to the source that is actually saved in Confluence.

You could try using the Remote API to access the XHTML source of the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events