Where do you direct your customers to for Support & Knowledge

Ian Dwyer August 21, 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm know to Jira/Confluence so am a tad confused. If we store all the Knowledge Base articles etc in Confluence do you have your customers go there for all the Knowledge Base info then go to Service management for Support tickets?

Is there an easier one stop "shop" to give everything? I'm almost bald from scratching my head.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2022

Hi @Ian Dwyer 

Welcome to the community.

Customers do not go to Confluence for articles. When you create an integration, they find them in Jira Service Management search screen. You just need to go to Jira project -> project settings -> knowledge base page and create a link to Confluence space.

Please also check this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/

Ian Dwyer August 21, 2022

Thanks Tansu. So we hide the Confluence Page so no-one external can find it?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2022

You are welcome. Yes, if you hide a page, it won't be visible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events