Where did the "Show Changes" link in Confluence go?

When editing a page on confluence, there used to be a link right next to the Preview/Edit and Save buttons, called "Show Changes" (or something like that), which let you see a diff between the current state of the page and the state the page will be in after you have pressed Save, which was really useful. That link is now gone, and there is no longer any way for me to view those changes.

My question is whether removing this link is something that Atlassian chose to do, or is it a preference setting that for some reason got switched off in my company? If Atlassian chose to remove the link, why? I miss that function and I would be happy to see it back. If it is a preference setting, how do I turn it on again?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

HI Kristofer,

I've not seen or heard of a "Show Changes" (or similar) link, but you may be on an older server version that had it.  Have you upgraded recently?  Atlassian maintain release notes for their previous releases, so if no-one else is able to help you, you might find an answer there if you know what version you're on.

(Also, it sounds like you're describing the Preview button functionality.  What did this Show Changes link do that was different to the Preview?)

I'm not describing the Preview button functionality; I still have that button. What it showed was a diff between the current state of the page and the state the page will be in after you have pressed Save. I have updated my question.

Ah, I see.  I've not seen that functionality, although I'm on the cloud version.  If no-one else knows the answer then you'll need to either go through the release notes (starting with the version you're on now and working backwards) or put a support ticket in.  Atlassian's support teams have always been very knowledgeable and helpful when I've used them in the past, including with questions like this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

133 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you