Where can I find information on how Word styles are used (or not) during import to Confluence?

Sandy Arvidson September 25, 2015

Some formatting in my Word documents is not importing how I want it. For example, if a list has list items with multiple paragraphs, the first paragraph in each item becomes a single list with paragraphs underneath it. I would like to know if there are things I can do in Word to improve the import. Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2015

Hey Sandy, 

As the content could have different results. For that, do you have some examples on the formatting that you are trying to work?

Some options:

Hope it helps you!

Cheers, 

Giu

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

The best way I've found to import Word docs is to start with an exported Word doc. I get the doc styled right in Confluence then export it to Word and use it as a template. Then the import success goes from about 80% to about 95%.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events