When will there be a replacement for the multimedia macro?

Michael Hoffman August 5, 2022

I'm looking to embed an .mp4 video that is either attached to the page or is from a link. The multimedia macro looks to have been deprecated and removed without replacement. When will suitable replacement be made available? It's kind of unbelievable that a leading WIKI tool in the market can't seem to support embedding videos. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2022

Hi @Michael Hoffman welcome to the Atlassian community.

Your requirement is most welcome and most of us are looking to such macro's.

Please be informed, for this kind of queries the best source would be to create a request with Atlassian support team. Through this, all interested members can upvote to get visibility and top the charts. As you knew Atlassian team works on multiple new features and phased releases, we might also hear about these macros.

Michael Hoffman August 7, 2022

I can certainly create a request, but I guess I'm surprised that this was a feature that was taken away without a replacement in the first place. Seems like the request should be support it again. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Gregory Muir February 9, 2023

You can drag and drop the videos into the page and they will play. The problem is if you already have a video attached from a server migration and the multimedia macro goes away. There's no method for adding it back to the page aside from downloading it and reuploading it back using the drag and drop interface. Absolute madness. Yes, that is the official workaround recommended by support. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events