When will plug-ins be available on demand?

Our confluence instance is on demand. I've found several macros crucial for our functionality and none of them are available on-demand. Some of these are from Atlassian (RSVP plug-in). When will these be available for the on demand version? Is there a work around to this?

1 answer

0 vote

They probably won't. Getting plugins added to OnDemand is up to each plugin author, talking to Atlassian to negociate full support. However, the current style of plugin is not really the way forward, Atlassian now have the "Connect" system, which will let you write and upload plugins, and that's the recommended way of getting plugins updated and available. But you're relying on plugin authors to move to the new method.

The work-around is to wait until plugins are made available (Ask the authors how they're getting on with asking them to be added, if at all), wait until the plugins are converted to Connect, or migrate to a host who will support them (self-hosted if necessary)

How do I get in touch with the author? The 'get help' button on the add-on page brings me to another page where I need to sign in and my confluence / Atlassian admin credentials don't work.

Depends on the plugin. For the RSVP one, I'd raise a Jira issue for it at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/RSVP - at the very least Jens will probably be able to tell you what the future plans are.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,691 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you