When will plug-ins be available on demand?

Vassi Koutsaftis November 25, 2013

Our confluence instance is on demand. I've found several macros crucial for our functionality and none of them are available on-demand. Some of these are from Atlassian (RSVP plug-in). When will these be available for the on demand version? Is there a work around to this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

They probably won't. Getting plugins added to OnDemand is up to each plugin author, talking to Atlassian to negociate full support. However, the current style of plugin is not really the way forward, Atlassian now have the "Connect" system, which will let you write and upload plugins, and that's the recommended way of getting plugins updated and available. But you're relying on plugin authors to move to the new method.

The work-around is to wait until plugins are made available (Ask the authors how they're getting on with asking them to be added, if at all), wait until the plugins are converted to Connect, or migrate to a host who will support them (self-hosted if necessary)

Vassi Koutsaftis November 25, 2013

How do I get in touch with the author? The 'get help' button on the add-on page brings me to another page where I need to sign in and my confluence / Atlassian admin credentials don't work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

Depends on the plugin. For the RSVP one, I'd raise a Jira issue for it at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/RSVP - at the very least Jens will probably be able to tell you what the future plans are.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events