Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to access Add-ons in Administration the page that pops up is malformed/unreadable

Kasper Bakmann September 27, 2017

I Click on General Configuration and choose the gearwheel i upper right corner and clicks on Add-ons, then this is shown:

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Hi Kasper,

I have seen compression setting cause garbled text like in your screen shot. Some examples include: JIRA Forbidden (403) page is garbled when using Agile Cards plugin and GZIP compression enabled and Malformed/garbled HTML response when compress is enabled.

To test whether compression is causing the issue with your UPM page, please go to the cog wheel, choose General Configuration, scroll down to the Connection Timeouts section, click Edit then remove the checkmark from Compress HTTP Responses and save the change.

I look forward to hearing whether the UPM page renders properly after compression is disabled. If it still doesn't render, please try Troubleshooting Character Encodings.

Thanks,

Ann

Kasper Bakmann September 27, 2017

Hi Ann, 

Thanks for getting back.

After removing the Compress HTTP Responses the malformed page disappears. But then i got  an "Page not found" when trying to access Add-ons.

Then i followed the suggestions in https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/page-not-found-when-navigating-to-manage-add-ons-upm-plugins-servlet-upm-779364450.html and that brought our confluence back on track.

Thank you for your help!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Ah, the old clear the plugin cache trick! Thanks for letting the Community know how you fixed it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events