When is the new page icon displayed?

Karola Schaeuble April 11, 2012

The documentation for all Confluence versions states as description for the new page icon: "This page has been edited since you last viewed it. Click to view the page." (http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/AwAi)

We are currently using Confluence 3.5.13 and I can see that the icon will stay for quite a long time. It won't go away after I viewed the page.

So what is really the criteria for displaying the icon for a page?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karola Schaeuble April 23, 2012

Relevant for the updated/new page icon is the user's last login date. That means the icon indicates pages changed/created since the last login. It will thus change with the next login.

1 vote
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Have you tried refreshing your browser cache? It might be that it's still showing the wrong image. Try refreshing the page with ctrl+F5 (Windows) or Shift-Reload (OSX).

Yes, but to no avail. Tried Shift+Reload (Firefox), disabled cache in developer toolbar and emptied cache in browser settings. Nothing! Still showing the icon.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

I see, are you using a reverse proxy? In this case I recommend to create a new support case at support.atlassian.com and be sure to attach your logs to ticket. A support engineer will be able look into this problem swiftly.

Hmm, ok.

So just to confirm the correct behaviour is how it is documented?: After I viewed the page it is not marked as new anymore.

I will create a ticket then though I'm not sure what to attach. There's nothing in the logs concerning this problem.

Thanks a lot!

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2012

It should be that after the page is viewed the page it is not marked as new anymore. If there is nothing in the logs, please be sure to mention so in the ticket and also reference this answers url :)

Thanks, that is a good hint.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events