When employees are leaved, their personal pages became 404 not found

Anton August 9, 2018

Well, I do have a some problem with Atlassian Confluence in a company I work for. We, as any company, hire and fire people sometimes (mostly they are leave themselves). We use our Active Directory records to login in Confluence wiki service.

One of my colleagues leaved the company not so long ago, so his AD account not deleted yet (only blocked), but his page confluence/display/~name.surname already returns "Page not found", instead of page with his user contribution page. I wrote in our support and they said that they cannot reconfigure this behaviour. Pages he created marked now "created by unknown user (name.surname)".

Is information from the company techsupport correct?

I already have read these topics:

personal space dissappears after removing user from ldap (question number 294486514)

confluence questions Active Directory User Deleted Personal Space Pages Disappeared 

(sorry, no direct links to another topics, because otherwise my question will be marked as "SPAM" due to some weird logic of the community portal, yeah)

I do not ask how to restore those pages, I want to prevent this when somebody else will leave the company.

1 answer

1 vote
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2018

Hi @Anton

This is true, if you delete the user in LDAP the Personal Space might disappear. But the spaces are not deleted, they are simply not visible / accessible.

Unlike global spaces, Confluence associates a personal space with an existing username. If the user does not exist within Confluence, the personal space will become inaccessible.

This page explains how you can access these personal spaces again, check out the Workaround:

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Niklas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events