Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a user is "Deleted" does it affect any of the content they've input into Confluence or JIRA?

Brian Kinney October 31, 2016

I have a LONG LIST of "deactivated" users.

I'd like to delete them, however, the documentation does not say what will happen to the content (made by user) once the deletion occurs.  Does it impact content? Contact information (as in creator name?) Other?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2016

Deactivation won't have any effect on content created by the user.

In JIRA, don't delete any user that has reported, commented on, or is assigned to an issue - you'll find you get problems with the history and display of them.

If you delete Confluence users, their personal spaces will die, but other spaces will be untouched.

Thank you!  I wish I had read that before I deleted someone.  I will just deactivate from now on.

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

The only thing I remember seeing in Confluence is that where the user is listed (e.g. "Created by John Smith 10 days ago."), the user is listed as "unknown jsmith").

Thanks! That was helpful!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events