Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a customer in JIRA Service Desk clicks on a Knowledge Base article they see a Confluence login

Justin Freeman September 24, 2017

We use JIRA Service Desk and have created a linked Knowledge Base in Confluence.

The articles from Confluence are being displayed correctly in the JIRA Service Desk as they type their request keywords or when they perform a search. Article summaries are displayed with keyword highlights, great!

However, when the customer needs more information and clicks on the Article link. A pop-up window is display with a iFrame to Confluence and the Confluence Login prompt is displayed with the text:

You need to log in to Confluence to view Knowledge Base articles.

Select 'Remember me' to avoid seeing this message in the future.

How do I configure the JIRA Service Desk and Confluence integration such that customers are automatically logged into Confluence and never see the Confluence log in prompt.

step-1.pngstep-2.png 

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Freeman August 31, 2018

Atlassian needs to action this feature request, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3751

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

Do you have anonymous access turned on in Confluence? If you don't want a customer to need a login for Confluence, I would check to make sure anonymous access is turned on.

If you have Spaces in that Confluence site that should not be accessible anonymously, you'll need to also configure the anonymous access permissions for each Space, too.

Justin Freeman September 25, 2017

Thanks Alex for taking time to respond.

Anonymous access should not be required at all for the JIRA Service Desk and Confluence integration to work.

A logged in JIRA Service Desk user should be treated as a "customer" and automatically have access to Confluence and the articles for the linked Confluence space without having to login again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events