When I want to import a Word doc I don't get the dialog to break into pages

Ken Jacobs May 20, 2022

I have a Word document that I want to import into Confluence. It has Word headings but I don't get the chance to break up the pages based on the headings. It just starts importing the document. I have the free account; do I need to upgrade to get this feature?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

@Ken Jacobs You will need to confirm that the Word document has style headings in order for Confluence to detect them and prompt for multiple pages.  I would suggest editing the word document and on the headings that you want to split on selecting them and making sure they are a styled heading or even changing them to a styled heading.  Then save the document and try again.  If it still does not work I would suggest clearing your browser's cache and trying again.  If that does not work try a different document that has worked in the past.  to confirm this is working on your instance.  I have seen in the past where individuals have copied content from other documents or off of the web and the formating that came with that content messes up imports.  

0 votes
Ken Jacobs May 20, 2022

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events