• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • When I use the "Edit in Office" for a document I would expect that the document is Checket Out by me and cannot be edited by another user. This is apparently not the case, is there any settings or actions I need to perform in order to get this to work?

When I use the "Edit in Office" for a document I would expect that the document is Checket Out by me and cannot be edited by another user. This is apparently not the case, is there any settings or actions I need to perform in order to get this to work?

Björn Samuelsson January 24, 2017

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2017

It's a wiki that supports attachments, not a document or source control repository.

I'd have a look at the add-ons that add document management and/or tracking to Confluence - there's one by Arsenale which does this sort of stuff well from memory.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2017

Bjorn,

We are users (customers) of Arsenale Lockpoint, I can vouch that it's very good and is worth the small investment. It will even tell you who has it checked out and you can ask it to 'ping' you when it's been checked back in.

See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.arsenale.plugins.lockpoint/server/overview

0 votes
Stephen Gramm January 26, 2017

We also use the Aresenal Lockpoint Plugin.  It has worked well for us, and the vendor offers great support and timely plugin updates.

0 votes
Björn Samuelsson January 25, 2017

Thanks! I'll go for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events