Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I use the Navigation Map Macro, it doesnt bring the Pages tagged with the desired Label. It doesnt show anything. Could u help?

Jan Silny December 13, 2016

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Jan,

Does the Preview within the macro show the results?

There are 3 reasons a page wouldn't show up in your results:

1. It doesn't have the label you've specified;
  2. You don't have permissions to view the page;
  3. The page is in an archived space.

So if the Preview in the macro doesn't show any results, it'll be for 1 of those 3 reasons. 

0 votes
Jan Silny December 14, 2016

Hi Rob

I have tried it also with Firefox  (as a default I have IE 11) but no luck. Do you think that the Problem can be that all the Pages that I created, were created using my own template? First of all I made a template and then several Pages based on that template. At first it was all OK. On the Space I have embedded Navigation Map Macro and I was able to see all the Pages tagged with that already mentioned (product) Label. But then when I made a new Page (Label of which was automatically taken from my Template) it stopped working. The new Page was not shown in the Navigation Map Macro and whats more the Macro stopped working and didnt show anything. The Story with renaming the Labels you already know.  I have also tried to rename back already renamed Labels (in other words Label "product" to "products" and then back to "product") but without success. It seams that all the once named Label names are somehow "banned". I am sure that when I will now again rename all the Labes to some other Name (lets say productss) it will funktion. But with the creating a new Page from my template again will I loose it.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Ah, you're using templates.  Multiple bugs have been reported with templates and labels.  For example:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38181

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-41464

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37341

If you search https://jira.atlassian.com for "template, label" you'll find lots more.  If the Navigation Map picks up pages that you've created and labelled manually, but doesn't pick up pages created from a template then it's the template that's the problem, not the Navigation Map.

I'm afraid you'll either have to submit a bug and hope Atlassian fix it (which is unlikely because they consider these bugs low priority) or remove the labels from the template and manually label the pages.  I know that's frustrating and I wish I had better news to give you!

Jan Silny December 14, 2016

Thanx Rob

you helped me.. I am currently making set of Templates for other users and I need them to work. To add a Label manually should not be any problem. Just one more step that needs to be done. What is for me frustrating is that I cannot use the names of the Labels they have already been "touched by the Bug" (in other words the names of the Label which were used in the templates and were not picked up by the Navigation Map Macro are forever lost.) What I mean by that is that I am running out of words that I wanted to use as Labels. In my opinion there should be a Logic that describes the Labels. Product pages I want to tagg with a Label "product" and not with something that doesnt make any sence e.g. "productss+" only because I used the obvious name before you helped me to realised that there is a bug.

But anyway thanx very much for your time

0 votes

add 1: the Pages are tagged with the Labels

add 2: there are no Restictions on the Page

add 3: the Space is fresh created by me

0 votes

Hi Rob.

No. Even the Preview doesn't show anything.

The other thing when I played with that ist that I tried to rename the Labels. Lets say initially I wanted the Navigation Map Macro to bring all the Pages tagged with the Label called "product". It didn't bring anything. Then I changed all the Pages tagged with the label "product" to a Label called "products". Then it worked and I saw the result OK. Then I have created a new Page with the same tag "products" and then again Navigation Map Macro didnt bring anything.

The funny thing ist that other Macros e.g. Content by Label Macro bring the the Pages tagged with "Products" all OK.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2016

Hi Jan,

That's....odd.  One thing to note is that it can take a little while for new pages to be added to the index.  The greater the number of spaces, space, attachments and labels, the longer time it will take for (in this case) labelled pages to show up in the macro results.  I've added pages and occasionally had to wait several minutes before they started turning up in search results, macro previews, etc.

But in your case you changed the labels on several pages and it worked, so that's not the problem here.

I've run a few tests and the macro is working exactly as expected for me.  If you're sure you have access to the pages and the index has caught up with your changes then the only thing left to suggest is trying it on another browser.  Chrome seems to present the fewest issues; my browser of choice is Firefox and on the occasions I get a problem changing to Chrome is the first option.  It's surprising how many times something won't work on one browser but will on another....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events