When I update description of an issue in confluence, I don't see it being reflected in Jira

Kapil M Sharma October 23, 2017

I update description of a requirement in confluence and I don't see that being changed in Jira.

Please assist.

THanks,

Kapil

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

How are you doing the edit of the description?  Is it inside a filter or a table you're extracting from Jira etc?

Kapil M Sharma October 23, 2017

Please see attached screen shot. This is from confluence, when I add more to the description of let's say row 2, I don't see that information being reflected in Jira issue IINT- 56.  Thanks, KapilConfluence_Jira_Issue.jpg

AJ V October 23, 2017

Kapil,

Editing the requirement on the Confluence table does not update the requirement in JIRA. I have tested this.

Thanks,

AJ

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

The contents of that table are Confluence data, not Jira fields.  So they're not going to update the issue - they're nothing to do with it.

Kapil M Sharma October 24, 2017

Thanks for your input, but it is not true.  In the past I have seen confluence information easily flowing into to jira. 

Thanks,

Kapil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events