It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When I update description of an issue in confluence, I don't see it being reflected in Jira

Kapil M Sharma Oct 23, 2017

I update description of a requirement in confluence and I don't see that being changed in Jira.

Please assist.

THanks,

Kapil

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 23, 2017

How are you doing the edit of the description?  Is it inside a filter or a table you're extracting from Jira etc?

Kapil M Sharma Oct 23, 2017

Please see attached screen shot. This is from confluence, when I add more to the description of let's say row 2, I don't see that information being reflected in Jira issue IINT- 56.  Thanks, KapilConfluence_Jira_Issue.jpg

AJ V Oct 23, 2017

Kapil,

Editing the requirement on the Confluence table does not update the requirement in JIRA. I have tested this.

Thanks,

AJ

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 23, 2017

The contents of that table are Confluence data, not Jira fields.  So they're not going to update the issue - they're nothing to do with it.

Kapil M Sharma Oct 24, 2017

Thanks for your input, but it is not true.  In the past I have seen confluence information easily flowing into to jira. 

Thanks,

Kapil

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

936 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you