cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • When I try to create a page in confluence with 'JIRA report > Change log' and choose options that use the 'Snapshot JIRA report template', it hangs when when I click the 'Create' button and I never get my report

When I try to create a page in confluence with 'JIRA report > Change log' and choose options that use the 'Snapshot JIRA report template', it hangs when when I click the 'Create' button and I never get my report

CJ January 12, 2016

We've got Confluence Cloud and JIRA Cloud and in Confluence when we try to make a page using the 'JIRA report > Change log' template, it hangs and we never get our page. It seems to happen when we choose to make a static report that uses the 'Snapshot JIRA report template'.

Steps we've followed (simple options)

1. Click the (...) next to the 'Create' button
  2. In the 'Create' dialog, choose 'JIRA report' and click 'Next'
  3. In the 'Select report type' dialog, choose 'Change log' and click 'Next'
  4. In the 'Create a change log' dialog chose the following options:
    1. Project: pick one
    2. Fix version(s): pick one
    3. Title: leave with the suggestion
  5. Click  'Create'

At this point, it hangs and the page is never created.

Steps we've followed (advanced options)

1. Click the (...) next to the 'Create' button
  2. In the 'Create' dialog, choose 'JIRA report' and click 'Next'
  3. In the 'Select report type' dialog, choose 'Change log' and click 'Next'
  4. In the 'Create a change log' dialog:
    1. Click, 'switch to advanced'
    2. for the JIRA query, we just searched for a project
    3. Untick the 'Automatically update issue status and summaries from JIRA'
  5. Click  'Create'

And it hangs the same as for the simple options.

Things we've tried

• We've left it to hang for about an hour before giving up
  • We're able to use other templates, including the JIRA status report.  The JIRA change log also works if we choose 'Advanced options' and tick the 'Automatically update issue status and summaries from JIRA' (as noted, above, it doesn't work if we untick this option)
  • We reset the "JIRA Report Blueprint" templates to the default (it used to be a custom one), but that didn't help
  • We tried making the report with different JIRA projects and in different Confluence spaces, but that didn't help

I've tried searching and haven't found anyone else reporting this issue so I suspect we've done something outlandish to break our reports, so any suggestions for fixes or documentation I should read would be most appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dmachado1 January 13, 2016

Hello CJ,

Unfortunately, this is a bug in the lastest version of Confluence. A bug report was created as you can see here. Please feel free to comment and vote on it. Meanwhile, you can refer to Atlassian Bug Fixing Policy for further information regarding how Atlassian Developers handle bug reports.

Please let us know if you have any further question.
Thanks and regards,
Diego Machado

0 votes
CJ January 13, 2016

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your answer.  I'll vote for the issue you mentioned and wait for it to be fixed.

Ceers,

CJ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events