When I copy the whole doc content into Confluence page, images are missing

evan March 3, 2021

Can this be solved, or any suggestions?

3 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

@evan 

I am assuming you are talking about copying a document from another application like Word.  You will need to do an import to get the images to come in.  If copying from a web based document then they should come in.  What are you specifically coping from?

evan March 8, 2021

Yes, i copy a document from Microsoft Word. I copy texts and images together, but i only get texts  in the confluence page.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

As @Fadoua states below if you want to bring word documents into confluence the best was is to import them in via the word macro.

Nathan James November 3, 2022

I want to be able to copy paste word file data with pictures, and as noted above, only the text comes in.   When I use the Confluence Macro, I cannot edit the content in confluence for future changes.    This is not what I want.

Is there and easy way to copy and paste the word file data with pictures in the correct place into a confluence page?

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

@evan 

You better add the document using the word macro if you don't want to add the attachments manually.

Copy/paste from any other application to Confluence won't always give you the expected results.

You can also copy/paste the text only but then add the attachments manually.

Best,

Fadoua

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@evan 

Where are you copying from? 

You need to add the images as attachments especially if you are copying from a different software.

Best,

Fadoua

evan March 8, 2021

I copy from microsoft office word docx file. There are lots of images in the file. I use ctrl+c to copy the whole content in the file, and use ctrl+v to paste into confluence page, then the images miss.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events