What to do when I get a system Error trying to access Confluence?

I installed the Windows Install version. There seems to be a Confluence service running.

If I open a browser and type in http://localhost:8090/confluence, I get a page saying "system error. A system error has occurred — our apologies! ". Your page suggests I look at your knowledge base and FAQs, but there does not seem to be any relevant entries.

This is an evaluation. Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Dan Zimmerman

dan.zimmerman@dliflc.edu

(650) 303-1221

2 answers

Hi Dan,

Could you have a look in your <Confluence Home>/logs directory for atlassian-confluence.log and post the contents of that file here? There should be something in that file that gives an indication as to why Confluence is throwing an error.

Thanks,

Andrew.

0 vote
Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2012

Yes, please have a look at the log for any errors - you can upload the log here for someone to look at, if you are unsure. Details on where to find the logs can be found in our documentation - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Confluence+Logs

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,942 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you