Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do if my Confluence Cloud Site backup exceeds 200 MB?

Donnellyson Felton January 5, 2023

Hello,
The site I am trying to restore is from June 2018.
A full backup zip file can contain up to 200 MB of data (uncompressed XML files) and unlimited attachments.
Despite my Confluence site backup being 906MB, with the attachments folder being 800MB, I thought the import would be fine, but it failed. There is a link to an "alternative method of restoring data" on the restore page, but it appears to be dead.
Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? I've looked around but haven't found anything useful. Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Anderson Hsu January 5, 2023

Hi, 

How about the upload limit in confluence setting or config file?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-attachment-size-150040.html 

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2023

Hello @Donnellyson Felton 

Welcome to community :)

This is a common problem what you need to do is upload the file directly to restore directory and then you can restore it via GUI.

If you have problems importing a site, check out these hints. 

• Is your file too large to upload? 
    This is a very common problem. It happens when the file can't be uploaded to the server in time. To avoid this problem, drop your export file into the <confluence-home>/restore directory and import it from there.

When you upload it you will be able to access it trough GUI.

Restoring a Site | Confluence Data Center and Server 8.0 | Atlassian Documentation

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events