What's the relationship between Jira and Confluence?

Niamh Williams November 29, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Confluence is a wiki platform for creating documentation and some companies even use it for their actual website. JIRA is an issue tracking system. You can embed macros in Confluence that can show details about your JIRA tickets. So, for instance you could have a knowledge base article and you could tie that article to JIRA tickets that apply.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

I was going to say, "Better than just friends, but a little one sided." Your answer was better. smile

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2016

Made me laugh. smile

Niamh Williams November 29, 2016

Thanks.  The reason I'm asking is that I have a Program of work which I want to break down into sub-projects.  I'm trying to figure out a way to do this in JIRA but I can only create multiple single projects that have no umbrella.  I was wondering if Confluence could be the umbrella/program level and JIRA act as sub-projects under that program?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events