What's the benefit of jql allowing variables vs jira filter in Confluence?

Bea Tea November 23, 2022

Saw some of my peers using the JQL Allowing Variables widget but it seems I can do the same with a Jira Filter macro in Confluence. In fact the latter seems easier to list the fields you want to show in the column. What's the benefit of the JQL allowing variables?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

@Bea Tea using variables allows you to pull in specific information related to the page without having to update the JQL.  This can be helpful if you are creating a page from a template where the value might change on each page.  

Bea Tea April 12, 2023

@Brant Schroeder make sense but I noticed when I save the page the fields don't always show values when I use this feature.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

@Bea Tea are they getting overwritten or removed?

Bea Tea April 12, 2023

The fields (lead names) are empty and don't load the values. Or it could be a huge latency but I don't see them populated

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Can you share a screenshot?

Jesse Berkeley July 31, 2023

I agree with @Bea Tea, it was working fine until about 3 months ago i noticed that i had to capitalize the column names when it actually states in the sub text to not do so. Weirdly when i update my template to look for the columns capitalized, some of the values are shown but when in lowercase as instructed it fails. I believe this is a bug @Brant Schroeder 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events