What is the maximum size for an attachment

Steve October 2, 2014

I've got a file that's about 270 meg, every time I try to upload it it fails. Chrome browser actually shows the status of the upload, gets to 100%, then fails.

Is there a max and if so, what is it?

Kindest regards/thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Steve October 2, 2014

Well, I've successfully uploaded a 70meg file and can add as a link in a page and can successfully access that afterwards,

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

There is a setting in the Confluence General Configuration on the Admin pages that sets the max size for the attachment. The default is significantly less than that. I noticed the same that it would APPEAR to all get there and then fail. I suspect is buffering in a copy location in the DB and then stores once the transmission is complete.

Anyway, if you change that setting, you'll be good. I have had a couple of occasions where a very large file needed to be placed. That is a HUGE size so I set it up high enough for the file to get loaded and then set it back to something reasonable (15MB) after it's there so there is some measure of control on the size of the files stored on the site. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events