Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the datasoucename?

David Morrissette November 13, 2013

Hi, Confluence was installed on a Linux server, linked to a SQL database. The Linux server had an issue and Confluence will no longer run. We are getting away from Linux and have no experience in managing it. Have decided to move Confluence to a Windows 2012 server, but I am stuck at the "datasourcename".

2 answers

1 vote
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Datasource Name — The JNDI name of the datasource, as configured in the application server.
Note: Some servers will have JNDI names like jdbc/datasourcename; others will be of the formjava:comp/env/jdbc/datasourcename. Consult your application-server documentation.

For example: Datasource names will be decide in <install-dir>/conf/server.xml

In that we have like <Resourcename="jdbc/myDS"

auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
username="confluence"
password="confluence"
maxActive="100"
maxIdle="10"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mydatabase"
validationQuery="Select 1"
/>
Then here "myDS" is the data source name. See
Thanks,
Patina
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

Feel free to mark it as answer if the answer helps you.

0 votes
David Morrissette November 14, 2013

Thanks Patina, I'm not sure if this helps or not, i'm not knowleable on Linux or Confluence, so this answer might as well be written in another language.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events