Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to enable documents in Conflucence for our end clients having isolated Intranet

czaban March 26, 2020

We would like to put links to Confluence documentation directrly form our Web GUI. In this case client have to have access to Confluence but our end client has isolated Intranet. In this case client cannot use our server directly or any servers from Internet. Is there any option to setup Conflucence server for our client to serve only our dokumentation - without users and easy way to update documents? What the model will be the best aproach and what about the license?

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2020

@czaban

My team makes Scroll HTML Exporter, which some users use for this purpose. They'll set up an internal web server which hosts the content.

0 votes
Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

So, let me see if I understand this--you want to put a Confluence server within your client's network, give them all anonymous access and synchronize their documentation from your external server?  I'm not an expert, but it sounds theoretically possible.  You would need some kind of integration to ship documents to their server and you would need the appropriate security considerations (SSL, access through their firewall, etc).  There are plugins such as https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/42115/comala-remote-publishing?hosting=server&tab=overview that may help you achieve this.  I would imagine that the client's server will need at least minimal user accounts for admin and the integration.

Wade

czaban March 26, 2020

Well, we do not need any SSL or other tool - in this case it is fully isolated network. Update mean that human beings have to go there and transfer data from pendrive to the local server. So tool for making copy and update by files we need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events