What is the best way to copy a page to a different Confluence server?

Darin Webb September 24, 2014

Right now I seem to be stuck manually copying and pasting. I've got pages with multiple sections, macros, labels, etc.

I understand that if the environments are set up the same, certain macros, links, etc. won't work, but even structure is difficult at the moment.

4 answers

1 vote
Darin Webb September 24, 2014

Awesome, unfortunately I don't have access to the file system of the destination server...

...yet.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Yeah, that's going to be your best bet @Darin Webb. Best of luck to ya!

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2014

You can use the Confluence Command Line Interface for this.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

An option might be moving all the pages you want to copy into a dedicated space.  That will allow you to export the space from one instance and import it into the other (assuming version compatibility.) If you're a Space Admin, you can use the Reorder Pages function to move all the pages to be a children of one page, and then just move one page to the space you intend to export.  Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events