Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best method to set up information for our non-profit?

Amos Love May 23, 2022

We operate a non-profit in Dunn, NC called Beacon Rescue Mission.  We have been using Trello for general data but I think Confluence may be a more powerful tool for what we need.  Our goal is to help families in the area with small to medium home repairs and we coordinate the project through local agencies, churches and professionals.

The steps are the same per situation and we are using separate Trello cards for each case at the moment.  We are losing track of where we are in each case due to the number of projects we are working on at the same time.  I am hoping for advice on what may help our workflow while we try to help each family.  The steps that we walk through are fairly straight forward.

1. We are contacted and general info is entered

2. We reach out and verify the need

3. We asses the type of need (it would be nice to separate needs into categories)

4. We contact a professional to provide a cost for repair of the need

5. We communicate the project cost to the community and raise funds to meet the need

6. We organize the project to be done by professionals or volunteers

7. We verify that the project is complete

That's our goal and the steps are the same every time.  We have signed up for an annual membership for Trello and I am not sure if Confluence is a part of that or not.  Advice is much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2022

Hi @Amos Love , welcome to the community!

We are neighbors it appears as I am not far from you in Sanford North Carolina.

I am not a heavy Trello user but do you use it for small home projects events etc. I expect that there are good solutions for your needs within Trello. I think the key to a useful solution for you is your ability to focus on a single family at one time. In my own personal experience I would probably use Jira Work Management and make use of labels or components or Epics. The reason I am suggesting this is that you could filter your board by families. This would allow you to focus on a single family as needed or the entire list of activities for your organization. 

Regarding Confluence, it is a separate application and not associated with your Trello subscription. I could see where confluence would be a good tool to capture and explain what your organization is all about. As well you could create individual pages per family and incorporate Trello or Jeera issues right on that page. The benefit of Confluence in your use case would be to add actual context to all the issues that you are working and the status as well.

i'm sure if my input is healthier or not but hopefully it gives you a bit of guidance. If you have continued questions please don't hesitate to respond here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events