Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 1 contribution equal too?

Matthew Jessop July 24, 2022

I was just wondering what a contribution is i.e. what you need to do to get a contribution

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What do you mean by "contribution"?  Could you explain the context of the question a bit more?

Matthew Jessop July 26, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- On one of my teams there is a tally on the home page that has the number of contributions next to each member

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

So where is this tally coming from?

Matthew Jessop July 26, 2022

It is a tally generated by confluence as /contributors

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

But what is a contrubution?  Please explain what the term means to your Confluence users?

Matthew Jessop July 27, 2022

That's what I'm asking I don't know.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2022

Bother.  I am sorry, I didn't read the / properly last time.

That's the contributors macro, which lists all users who have had a specific form of interaction with the page or pages defined in the macro settings.

It's quite flexible - you can choose the interaction and the page ranges, so you'll need to edit the page, or view source, to see what the page authors have set for it.

It could be set to report on one or many of; authors (people who create or edit a page), people who comment, label it, or sign up to watch it.  And you can set it to report on the current page, or a specific page, or a space, and cascade down through child pages.

So, we can't really answer the question, we'd need to see what the configuration of the macro is!

Like Matthew Jessop likes this
Matthew Jessop August 1, 2022

Thankyou :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events