What happens if one deletes a user who created content?

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

This is not recommened but delete link is available. Is there a warning and you can do it nonetheless or is it simply not possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2015

Ok, tested it.

In Conf 5.8.5 on server 'Delete' button exists, but user cannot be deleted - there is a warning.
(...but im not able to upload the screenshot for it sad - http error)

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2015

Hey Anne,

If you delete or disable a user, his content will continues to exists. You won't lose his created pages or comments.

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2015

Hi Anne,

The delete button should only be available for users who don't have content created. Can you make sure that this user in fact have content created?

Please see this article for more references on disabling or deleting users on Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Delete+or+Disable+Users

Thanks!

Regards,
LM 

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2015

The DELETE link is there for every user (except my own...) - but as I mentioned there is a warning when clicking it.

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2015

Just retested it - now I get an error message. Let me know if you need the stack trace

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events