Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to "what did you change"?

Susan Parker February 12, 2014

When I enter a comment into the "what did you change" box that you're supposed to fill out when saving changes to a Confluence page... the comment is no longer appearing anywhere - not on the dashboard, not at the top of the page, not in page history and not when I click "view change." What happened to it?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Parker February 13, 2014

The problem resolved itself. I really don't know what happened. Perhaps I imagined I had entered comments. Who knows. Anyway, thanks you for your tip.

0 votes
Susan Parker March 18, 2014

Atlassian has confirmed this is a bug. Please vote fore a solution. Thanks.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32979

0 votes
Susan Parker March 17, 2014

Atlassian is investigating.

0 votes
Susan Parker March 3, 2014

The problem reoccurred. Hah - I knew I was not imagining this. Fortunately this time I was more aware of what I was doing. After conducting some simple tests, I concluded that the "what did you change" comment is not saving when a change is made to page title (with or without changes to the body of the page!)

If all I do is make edit to body of page, then the comments do get saved and are appearing where they should.

This seems to be a bug. It would be useful to have comments captured when we're saving page w/new name - with or without edits to the body. At the very least, it is odd and unexpected to have the comment box appear to function, allow you to enter comments etc., then not do anything w/those comments. (Cross-posted with Atlassian Support.)

0 votes
Susan Parker February 13, 2014

The problem resolved itself. I really don't know what happened. Perhaps I imagined I had entered comments. Who knows. Anyway, thanks you for your tip.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

I've no idea why you can't see it, but one way of finding it might be to edit a page and put a very specific word (or a character sequence such as xxzzzccc6868686) in the what did you change box. A word that is extremely unlikely to be in Confluence at all. Then run a global search for that word and see what comes back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events