What does the error "content.xhtml.parse.failed" mean?

Rachel Hyde October 26, 2016

I've been working on a large page in Confluence, and now it won't let me save it at all. I went back and deleted several old versions, but that hasn't improved things. When I tried to open a preview, I received the error message "content.xhtml.parse.failed." Is there something I should do to be able to save again. Auto-save drafts are also failing and throwing an error.

2 answers

0 votes
Paul DeRocher March 27, 2018

I created a new page in the same parent document, copied all the content from the bad page to the created page, deleted the page where I was getting the error, and gave the created page the name of the deleted page (only because I liked the name).  That worked for me.  Now I can edit the new identical page.  I had done something to corrupt the original page, but I don't know what that was.

Good luck!

0 votes
Piyush_Annadate October 26, 2016

I sense the issue due to following

• Page having some null values
  • need to upgrade macros to XHTML ref here
  • Need to update your plugins and then upgrade data.

Rachel Hyde October 27, 2016

Thank you for your response. I don't think the page has any null values, and I don't think my current user permissions sets me up to be able to do upgrades. I'm on my company's cloud version of Confluence, working on the space for my team. Styling edits that the app has borne in the past: changing the color of panels, changing column widths, adding styling to divs, are now making the editor freeze in almost every instance and won't save. If I open another tab and resume editing, the problem persists. Any other ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events