Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Your request could not be processed because a required security token was not present in your request"

Greg Della-Croce November 7, 2016

I received an error report from a user with the following problem:

When I hit save (This has happened 4 times now), I get this message: "Your request could not be processed because a required security token was not present in the request. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page." 

It also wipes out the name of the page. 

The user is a registered user of the Confluence wiki.  When they cancel the message and reenter the page name they get the following error

Sorry, your changes cannot be merged automatically 
Anonymous has saved changes to this page and your changes cannot be merged with theirs. You can overwrite, cancel or review their changes and continue editing the page below. 
Content in green will be added Content in red will be removed Content in blue will have its formatting changed 

None of the content is ever highlighted. 

I hit overwrite and finally have the page SAVED! 

I do not have any other users reporting this problem.  So I am a little confused as to where to start looking for an answer.  Can someone please give me an idea of what may be going on here?

Greg

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Della-Croce November 14, 2016

Thank Rob,  I will give those ideas a try.  Seem strange that she is able to update the page after she says "override".  But I see what you mean about not signed in Confluence ID her as Anonymous.  It is really strange since everyone is required to log in to get into Confluence.   I wonder if SSO has anything to do with that.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

It's definitely possible.  But it never fails to surprise me how many times a fresh, clean browser fixes things, even when I'm convinced that's not the problem.  Can you let us know if that solves the problem?

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2016

Hi Greg,

It looks as if Confluence doesn't think that your user is logged in.  Try the usual things - clearing the browser cache, running the browser with all browser plugins turned off, using a different browser, etc - and see if that makes a difference.

If none of that works, do you have collaborative editing turned on?  That's not got every single bug ironed out yet, so try turning it off and see if that stops the problems.

If none of that works then, unless someone else has any suggestions, put a ticket into support.atlassian.com and ask them to investigate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events