What are the procedures to save, backup, restore and duplicate my confluence data? Where can I find the related documentation?

Hi,

I would like know how can I backup, restore and duplicate all my documents on Confluence?

Thanks for your help.

Udaya

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi,

You can start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Site+Backup+and+Restore. What do you mean by "duplicate all my documents"?

Regards,

Geert

Hi Geert,

Thank you a lot.

By "duplicate all my documents" I mean that I would like to apply "redundancy" on my data. Maybe to have the possibility to install twice Confluence on two different servers and having my data duplicate on two instances.

Do you think it's possible?

Regards,

Udaya

Hi Udaya, You can have a look at Confluence Data Center, which is a clustered version of Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ENTERPRISE/Confluence+Data+Center. Regards, Geert

Thanks Geert, But I would like to install Confluence on my servers and no on Confluence Datacenters... Regards, Udaya

Hi Udaya, that is exactly what Confluence Data Center is for: to run a clustered version of Confluence on your own servers. The hosted solution that Atlassian provides is called Atlassian Cloud. Regards, Geert

Hi Geert, I don't want to use the Atlassian infrastructures but I would like to have redundancy on my data. How do you think that I can do? Regards, Udaya

Davin Studer Community Champion Mar 17, 2015

Udaya the Confluence Data Center version is specifically designed for high availability scenarios. That would be how you would do it if you want redundancy.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

291 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you