What are the limitations of creating an online Help file in Confluence?

nchace November 25, 2019

I am looking to create an online Help file in Confluence. I would like to use the current, three tiered structure to develop this. Is there anything that will prevent me from linking this to an in-house system or any other limitation of which I should be aware?

Thank you!

Nicole C. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2019

Hello Nicole,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

From my understanding, you are using Confluence to host your knowledge base pages for your company. Is that right?

There's nothing to prevent you from linking to the Confluence Cloud site from your company's local site. You might need to get in touch with your network admin and just ensure you aren't blocking access to any of our domains or IP ranges.

Besides that, your users will either need a Confluence license in order to view the pages, or you need to open up public access to them. Be aware, that when you allow public access to a site in Confluence, then the general public is able to read those pages. If you need to restrict them, then you need to provide licenses to your employees. 

Alternatively, if your company is using Jira Service Desk, then you can open up a Confluence space only to the Jira Service Desk Customers as an internal knowledge base. For this, you'd need to add Jira Service Desk to your Cloud account via the Billing section.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events