What are the limitations for simultaneous editing? Can 5 people be editing a page simultaneously?

Crystal Rice April 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Concurrent Editing and Merging Changes

What are the limitations for simultaneous editing?  For example, can 5 people be editing a page simultaneously?

1 answer

1 vote
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2016

Crystal,

Just checking that you are not referring to real-time concurrent editing, which appears close to release in Confluence Cloud and later to Server (I believe the intent is for the version 6.0 release).  See information including the comments on this ticket for more info:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333

My assumption is that this feature will support multiple users, but little information is available on it to my knowledge yet.

I'm not aware of the specific limitations of numbers of editors that current versions of Confluence support but I believe it may support 5 people. For those reading this answer, the currently functionality displays the names of others actively editing a page.  If the edits proceed to Save, the options presented to that user are Continue editing, Overwrite or Cancel.

Until real-time concurrent editing is available I would certainly proceed with caution, and instruct others to do so, if that many are editing a page simultaneously, as without the support of real-time changes the chances of overwrites is high. Even with only two people in edit at the same time that can be problematic, which is why so many are looking forward to the real-time concurrent editing feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events