What add-ons come bundled with Confluence?

Renee Crowley June 12, 2015

Which add-ons come bundled as part of a Confluence cloud license? For a Confluence server license?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2015

Basically, the same - you get all the system addons, and none of the others.

Renee Crowley June 12, 2015

Which are the system add-ons?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2015

It doesn't matter - they're the ones that make Confluence work when you install it off-the-shelf. I'm not sure why you think you need to know this? Run a trial of Confluence, if it doesn't have something you need, then look for an addon to provide it.

Renee Lyons July 8, 2015

Because I'm trying to create internal documentation about how to use the basic add-ons. I'm not sure why you think you need to know why I need to know this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2015

I was curious as to why you think it's useful to try to compare Cloud and Server versions in terms of plugins, as most answers to that question probably have a better approach. This one certainly does - 99.99% of users simply don't need to take a "this system plugin does that" approach to Confluence. Use Confluence off-the-shelf, as documented on Atlassian's site. It's utterly irrelevant what plugin provides what function.

Renee Crowley July 9, 2015

They need a "this macro does this" approach though, and the bundled plugins provide macros.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2015

That's fine, my point is that what plugins do what are totally irrelevant. Macro X does Y is perfectly sensible, and it's the way Atlassian have documented them at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Macros - that will always cover the macros a plain installation of Confluence will provide. It's generally good enough that most people documenting Confluence for internal use can point at it and say "here's the list of macros you *could* use" and then get stuck into documenting how the organisation could and should use them to create good pages and spaces - a worked example of a clever page is often a good start!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events