Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDav 0x80070780 error

Tomasz Bryła November 22, 2018

Hi, 

I have a problem with copy file to confluence page via webdav. When i copy folder with something like 30 MB of files, mostly MS Word and MS Excel,  windows return error 0x80070780.  

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2018

Hi Tomasz,

It appears that you have a permissions problem here. It could either be that the file is opened by another process already, or that your user doesn't have permissions to write to the file.

There are a few solutions below from another site that suggest how you might be able to resolve the issue:

Could you also check and let me know if you're trying to overwrite any file or folder names that might already exist there? If you add a single file that does not already exist, do you have the same error?

Regards,

Shannon

Tomasz Bryła December 6, 2018

@Shannon S Problem is when I copy folder with subfolders where are files. When I copy files from subfolder to Confluence everything is OK. 

Tomasz Bryła December 6, 2018

@Shannon S i try copy folder with subfolders and files by TotalCommander and it's work fine. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Tomasz,

Thank you, but to answer my question, are you trying to overwrite any of the files there, or are the files that you're adding not existing files?

Regards,

Shannon

Tomasz Bryła December 7, 2018

@Shannon S These are new files, I'm not trying to overwrite existing ones.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2018

Thank you, Tomasz,

This error usually occurs when there's already a file with the same name in WebDAV. It's very odd that it would occur if the folder names are completely unique.

Could you confirm this that even though you are not trying to overwrite existing files that the folder name absolutely doesn't already exist? Are there subfolders or documents that might already exist on WebDAV with that name?

Can you test this from another computer and see if you have the same issue? Is anyone else running into the problem?

Lastly, please confirm your Confluence version.

Regards,

Shannon

Tomasz Bryła December 14, 2018

The problem was in name of subfolders. In space were already subfolders with same name as new. My question is. Is any method to workaround this issue?  I wrote script wich add suffix to subfolders, but this doesn't look elegant. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2018

Tomasz,

Unfortunately not, as this is a known limitation in Windows. You will need to manually change the name of the folder or add a suffix are you are doing.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events