Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDAV attachment functionality in Confluence

Jenn Leaver May 20, 2013

In the WebDAV plugin documentation it says that you can “Download, upload, move, delete attachments.”

However, I’m finding that I cannot do many of these actions. When I upload an attachment, it technically attaches to the page (e.g., the page shows 1 attachment and if I click on it, I can download it), but to insert it into the page, I still need to navigate to the WebDAV location of the page where it is stored. If I add a new version of an attachment via WebDAV, it breaks the link on the Confluence page.

Is this expected behavior?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jenn Leaver May 20, 2013

I just found that this works exactly the way I wanted - thumbnail for attached image showing up in the Image macro on the page after moving an image over. I had been working with legacy .bmp graphic files which did not work correctly, but after testing this with a .png, it worked perfectly! Thanks for your help, Christian. I should have tested with multiple file formats before posting the question!

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

I hope I don't get you wrong but as far as I know the WebDAV plugin just handles the files, as you said, which are phisically bound to a page without having to manage the files from within Confluence. Inserting them into a page (via macro I guess) is a different thing...

Jenn Leaver May 20, 2013

Just so I understand this behavior -

I have an existing attachment on Page A called Sample.jpg. I navigate to Page A via WebDAV and save a new version of Sample.jpg (same filename). When I go to Page A in the Confluence UI, the link to Sample.jpg that was inserted on the page via the Image macro is broken. The attachments on the page show both versions of Sample.jpg.

Each time I upload a new version of the Sample.jpg via WebDAV, I'll need to readd it via the Image macro, correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events