We lost SQL admin to conlfuence years ago, and with new DNS changes lost the domain admin account

edgar tan February 26, 2020

What are my options, is this state recoverable?

2 answers

0 votes
edgar tan February 27, 2020

Confluence 5.6.3 on Windows 2012R2 on MSSQL. We lost admin access to the DB and lost local admin to confluence due to changes in Active Directory. We're in the process of buying support to get this resolved, just wondering if this is recoverable.

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi,

is Confluence still running? Otherwise fixing the DB access would be my first approach. With Confluence running there should be a way to reset the local ( non AD) based admin account. There is always an admin account which is not AD based.

Best

JP

edgar tan February 27, 2020

With the confluence version we're in, looks like the way to recover the non-domain AD is through the SQL access, which we don't have as well. Tried what was suggested on a few articles and it took me as far as loading the DB as 'sysadmin' but can't access it. Hoping Confluence support will have a better luck working with us.

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi,

could you clarify on the problem you have?

You lost access to the Confluence database / database server?

You cannot login into Confluence with a system admin account because you don't know the password?

You've got problems with your domain admin account (Active Directory/LDAP)?

What database are you using? What OS do you use for hosting Confluence?

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events