• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • We have setup a watch for several spaces and have changed the email notifications to only have checked for "subscribe to daily updates" but I am still getting individual emails for changes made to pages in the space I am watching... can I stop this?

We have setup a watch for several spaces and have changed the email notifications to only have checked for "subscribe to daily updates" but I am still getting individual emails for changes made to pages in the space I am watching... can I stop this?

Alex Eveleigh August 5, 2016

When our permanent licenses were put in for some reason, all of the pages I have access to had watch set. I found that in the email settings, autowatch along with some other settings were checked. I turned off watch on all of the individual pages and only left it on a few spaces. Then in email settings I unchecked everything except for "subscribe to daily updates". I would like to find out why I am receiving individual emails when a change is made to a page and find out how to turn this off so I only get one email per day summarizing the updates.

2 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2016

If you are Watching a space, you will receive all updates to that space, period.

The Subscribe to Daily Updates is a scheduled job that runs daily regardless of what you're watching.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2016

This sort of thing is perhaps the one common criticism, if any, of Confluence "I get too many emails"

You have two watch settings

• Watch this Page (i.e. page by page selection mainly based on pages you do something on)
  • Watch this Space (any page in this Space that you have view rights to)

Check what Watches you have in your profile - click your profile icon top right - you may be amazed what you are watching!!

But you also have Notifications which are very similar, but a but different to Watches

Have a read the Confluence documentation carefully ... I have to go back and check what it says every now and then because it states the facts of the settings but doesn't really show you the implications/results of your settings so you need to keep an eye on what is happening.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events