We have a voluminous documentation in confluence, each of the pages has columns, we need to create a

Victoria Sedaya August 27, 2023

hello, We have a voluminous documentation in confluence, each of the pages has columns, we need to create a copy of this documentation but not all columns. So for example we have 60 pages, each page has tables with 5-6 columns and we need to copy these 60 pages but with 3-4 columns. How can this be implemented so that we don't have to do manual work to remove columns later?

1 answer

1 vote
Sayed Bares _ServiceRocket_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2023

@Victoria Sedaya the easiest way I can think of making this work would be writing a Pyton script to get the body of these pages and then use regex to extract only the columns which I will be interested in and then create those pages again. So in a nutshell, you may copy the pages by Getting the page body, remove the columns using regex, and then create them.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2023

I support this approach with one remark: because the page content is stored as JSON, meaning in a structured format, they can just remove the JSON entries that represent that unnecessary column. It is more robust and easier than working with regex'es.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events