We don't have a system administrator

Hey all, we just started confluence and have loved the product except for one issue. No one has system administrator permissions and we have no idea how to grant system administrator permissions. We had restricted some pages previously and need to open them up to others but are unable to change these settings because we don't have the needed administrator.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote

I'm guessing your admin left after setting it all up?

Best solution is to add one of your current users, but here's the full set of "regaining access" docs - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

(Note, if you're using OnDemand for this trial, then it doesn't apply - Atlassian are the system admins and you'll need to talk to them about what you can and cannot do)

Thats the issue! We are on OnDemand currently so I need to email Atlassian to get a system admin?

Ah, well, sort of. Whoever set up your account with OnDemand will have been given administrative rights, although they aren't full-blown "can do anything at a system level" rights.

If you don't know who that is, or they've left, then yes, you do need to get in touch with OnDemand support to get other people granted those admin rights.

Someone else had a similar problem recently. The answer was, if I've remembered this correctly, is that whoever set confluence up is the sys adm user. So who was that?

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

872 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you