Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We don't have a system administrator

Paul Limanni October 17, 2013

Hey all, we just started confluence and have loved the product except for one issue. No one has system administrator permissions and we have no idea how to grant system administrator permissions. We had restricted some pages previously and need to open them up to others but are unable to change these settings because we don't have the needed administrator.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

I'm guessing your admin left after setting it all up?

Best solution is to add one of your current users, but here's the full set of "regaining access" docs - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

(Note, if you're using OnDemand for this trial, then it doesn't apply - Atlassian are the system admins and you'll need to talk to them about what you can and cannot do)

Paul Limanni October 17, 2013

Thats the issue! We are on OnDemand currently so I need to email Atlassian to get a system admin?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

Ah, well, sort of. Whoever set up your account with OnDemand will have been given administrative rights, although they aren't full-blown "can do anything at a system level" rights.

If you don't know who that is, or they've left, then yes, you do need to get in touch with OnDemand support to get other people granted those admin rights.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Someone else had a similar problem recently. The answer was, if I've remembered this correctly, is that whoever set confluence up is the sys adm user. So who was that?

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events