Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We couldn't complete your export. There are too many concurrent exports running on this node. Learn

David February 7, 2020

Hello,

We are on Server v6.15.10 and we cannot export pages nor spaces in PDF.

This error appears every time we try to run an PDF export only.

Page export to Word works fine.  Space export to XML, HTML works fine.

Only PDF exports do not work.

After a while I get the message below:

"We couldn't complete your export. There are too many concurrent exports running on this node."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this to us. I have a few questions for you to gain some clarity on this issue:

1. Does the same occur with Space PDF export, or only page export?
  2. Does this occur with any pages or only specific ones?
  3. When did you first notice this started happening?
  4. What error messages are you encountering in your Confluence Server Logs when the export fails?

Thank you for your help!

Shannon 

Martin Hohenberg March 4, 2020

We got the same phenomenon on Server 6.15.10:

• Export fails after 25-30 seconds
  • Export to Word works nicely
  • Export in Space tools doesn't work ("We got the same problem on Server 6.15.10", Learn more link goes to Data Center Documentation, which feels like a bug of itself)
  • First time I noticed it was last week, but we updated the instance in late 2019
  • Logfile during failed PDF export seems to give some kind of stacktrace and some parameters of the request and the configuration I am not entirely happy to share in a public forum. This doesn't look like a memory problem, though. Start of the Stacktrace:

-- url: /confluence/spaces/flyingpdf/pdfpageexport.action | traceId: 06ac9e857de4a205 | userName: [myusername] | referer: [the url I want to be exported as PDF]
java.lang.RuntimeException: We couldn't complete your export. There are too many concurrent exports running on this node. <a href="https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/docs-615/PDF+export+in+Confluence+Data+Center">Learn more</a>
at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.flyingpdf.PdfExportSemaphore.run(PdfExportSemaphore.java:30)
at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.flyingpdf.ExportPageAsPdfAction.execute(ExportPageAsPdfAction.java:25)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hi Martin,

Thank you for providing that information.

First, could you try to shut down Confluence and Clear the Confluence Plugins Cache? This will remove any possible invalid data in your cache, which might affect the export functionality.

If that doesn't help, if you're behind a proxy, you can try bypassing the proxy and see if that helps.

If it does not, I would recommend reviewing PDF export taking too long to generate.

Failing that, we can raise a support ticket and get a look at your error logs.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events