cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • We are using Atlassian Confluence 5.4.4. I am space admin and would like to add some people who can view and edit page. Right now, I see Restrictions under tools, but that restricts group or person. How can I restrict everyone except users I specify?

We are using Atlassian Confluence 5.4.4. I am space admin and would like to add some people who can view and edit page. Right now, I see Restrictions under tools, but that restricts group or person. How can I restrict everyone except users I specify?

Ranjana Singh January 12, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

I think you've misunderstood restrictions.

Let's say you have a space that says "Confluence users can view the space, and Group my-users can add pages".  That limits the people who can add/edit pages to my-users, although all your logged-in users can see the whole space.

A restriction then, well, restricts who can do what to a page. 

If you add a restriction of View to my-users, then that page can no longer be seen by confluence users.

If you add a restriction of Edit to Dave, then that page can now only be edited by Dave.

In other words, "how can I restrict everyone except users I specify" is answered by "add a restriction that names the users you specify"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events